Title : Snr C# Developer
Location : Cape Town (Mowbray)
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing application software for any redPanda product and / or customized client solutions.
- Development extends to Front-end, Back-End and Databases. Includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services.
- Maintenance, debugging and problem-solving of existing software products and / or custom client solutions.
- Review product requirements to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Unit testing / integration testing features developed.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Setting up new infrastructure environment for products and / or customized client solutions.
- Maintenance and updates to the existing infrastructure environment for the products and / or customized client solutions.
Day to day duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Developing software and solutions as per specifications or requirements provided.
- Unit testing / Integration testing.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team
- Implementing business requirements as created and prioritized by the Product Owner.
- Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
- Collaborating with other developers, testers and business analysts as required, including pair programming.
- Participate in technical planning and implementation meetings.
- Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
- Participate in the Daily Stand-up meetings.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Participate in, and present demos where required.
- Participate in sessions with QA and business analyst to meet the delivery deadlines.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job:
Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
- Frontend, Backend, Web API’s, Messaging and Databases
Technologies include but not limited to:
- Exposure to data tier abstraction technologies e.g. Web API’s, GraphQL, Micro services etc.
- Json data structures
- Databases – Relational, Object, Key/Value Database experience necessary (MSSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Operating System (O/S) – Windows, Linux.
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, docker-compose, K8S)
- Exposure to any of the popular Testing Tools preferable.
- Cloud services and providers example AWS and Azure
Personal Attributes for this role:
- Delivery focused – Be deadline driven and adhere to Sprint deadlines.
- Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
- Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment
- Keen attention to detail.
- IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Exposure to Mercurial, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps (continuous integration, continues delivery) an advantage.
- Good Object orientation and separation of concerns principals is a must.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and their application
- Competency based interview to assess above requirements
- Applicable assessment
- Background checks
If you are interested in applying, please email your updated CV to [email protected]. Please add the name of the vacancy to the subject line of your email