Title: Data Architect
Location: Cape Town (Mowbray)
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and deliver the overall organizational data strategy and solutions that is line with business processes. This strategy includes data model designs, database development standards, implementation and management of data warehouses and data analytic systems.
- Overseeing the identification of areas for improvement in current systems, ensuring the creation and maintenance of secure regulation-compliant data systems, recommending automated data solutions with a comprehensive end-to-end architectural perspective.
- Systematically evaluating the impact of proposed changes on existing systems and overall architecture.
- Assessing and automating database implementation procedures, ensuring strict compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Developing architectural designs and creating technical specifications in accordance with established architectural methods and design standards.
- Analyzing statistical information to optimize patterns and relationships, preparing comprehensive reports for management and other departments through the in-depth analysis and interpretation of data.
- Guiding and leading team members on data management, staying abreast of industry developments and best practices related to relevant application systems and technologies, and providing mentorship and coaching to foster professional growth within the team.
- Leading the creation and implementation of robust data management processes and procedures.
- Documenting and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensuring adherence to project-specific standards, guidelines, checklists, and templates.
- Migrating data from legacy systems to new, innovative solutions. In addition, addressing complex issues and providing strategic recommendations for appropriate solutions and development efforts.
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with various RDBMS. e.g., SQL, Postgres, Sybase, DB2
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience with Data Modelling, Database design and documentation
- Experience with SQL coding and optimization
- Experience with fundamentals such as: Backup as well as recovery of databases, Tuning database, performance management, monitoring, and DB Security
- Experience with Script, Perl, Python, bash
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
- Experience with Big Data
- Experience with Data migration
- IT Qualification would be advantageous
- Industry related certification
- +10 years’ experience with Data Science or as a Database Specialist
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, leading teams that design, architect and implement complex data-centric system
- Retail experience is advantageous
- Stable work history
- Proven track record of successful implementation
- Competency based interview to assess above requirements.
- Applicable assessment
- Background checks
If you are interested in applying, please email your updated CV to [email protected]. Please add the name of the vacancy to the subject line of your email.